Thursday, March 3, 2011

the minus is a given

Its so funny (and scary) to hear that "it's going up to 20" and know that that means MINUS 20.   Its been a long winter for us.   I arrived about this time last year, and it was similar weather, but it was a novelty at the time -- not knowing how long it would last.  Now I know we're in for at least 2 more months and we've already had 4 (and I was in Ontario for 1 of those!).  Last weekend we had a reprieve from the below 20 weather (with windchills hitting the 40s) -- it went up to 8 for 24 hours!  It was so great to get out for some longer walks (with good friends and a total of 6 dogs!).   I've been a little reluctant to do too much with Bowan, even completely wrapped up.  It was so nice to let him experience the fresh air without being cocooned in layer upon layer.  But now we're back to the cold... still, funny when the wind dies down and the sun is shining bright -- and you are dressed properly -- it really is beautiful, even though its still 24 (minus).   And I have to admit the days are getting longer fast -- a really pick me up!    It still seems too cold for my babe... but on the other hand, cabin fever is starting to hit, so I'm vowing suck it up and get out more before me and my baby go crazy! 

1 comment:

  1. Eeeek! I know exactly what you are saying.
    I'm about to venture down to the mailbox. Wish me luck!
    Hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete